#SheHustlesAfrica is a joint initiative of the indigenous NGO, African Kids and Women Rights Empowerment Initiative (AKAWI) and the German business organization, NavigatingTransformation.
#SheHustlesAfrica targets female African entrepreneurs and assists eligible participants to set up their businesses, solve business challenges and grow. It is tailor-made to address the particularities of the African business terrain within a globalized business environment and offers selected African females access to free online entrepreneurship training and business mentorship by business experts headed by Dr Eleftheria Egel.
AKAWI’s core areas are empowerment and protection of women and children in Africa and it believes that women are indispensable to the development of any national economy as well as the protection of children; hence her interest in business empowerment for young women all over Africa. AKAWI is the leading partner in #SheHustlesAfrica and will be scheduling applicants for their trainings, offering free legal consultations and trainings for successful applicants to help them float and scale their businesses, as well as connect them to free ICT trainings and resources for basic business functionality.
NAVIGATING Transformation (NT) is a management consulting firm located in Germany. It focuses exclusively on women entrepreneurs and accompanies them on their entrepreneurship journey. NT offers:
- Tailored business training on business skills, customer relations, personnel management and marketing/sales
- One-on-one mentoring and customized business advice
- One-on-one coaching on female leadership development
NT is the business education and mentorship partner for the initiative. It will be responsible for the structuring of the entrepreneurial, customized curriculum and will offer free business training and mentorship to the selected candidates.
The program is 100% delivered online, is customized and is centered on each participant’s distinct needs and will be entirely delivered in English Language.
Successful candidates will gain:
- Free Business Mentorship distilled in two hours per month of intensive online coaching for a total period of 3 months.
- In–depth business training and support which will cover coaching on management, development of leadership skills and training on business tools.
- Objective review of, and assistance with creating business plans to attract investors, grants, etcetera (at the end of the program).
- Bonus sessions offering basic trainings on technological know-how for floating and running a modern business.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive:
- Eighteen (18) months of free Legal consultation and support: Consultations on companies’ registrations, taxation, trademarks, pre-incorporation agreements, partnerships, FIRS, SCUML, floatation of stocks, etcetera.
- Review of their customized business plans and repackaging of those plans to meet international best standards
- Opportunity to give back by volunteering with AKAWI or sister organizations (optional)
- Informational sessions and access to funding opportunities as well as a standard application template
- Recommendations (where possible/necessary)
- Applications are invited from women of African descent living in Africa
- Applicants must be women who have an entrepreneurial idea and would like to actualize it, or women who have already started their businesses and wish to scale.
- Applicants must be aged 15-40
- Applicants must be internet savvy and committed to completing the entire training.
A Selection Committee comprised of both partners will review applications and select the most promising applicants based on three key factors:
- Social Impact: The business or business idea is innovative, has the potential to create local jobs, and offers affordable and sustainable solutions to community problems.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: The personality traits, motivations, attitudes, motives and behaviours that distinguish entrepreneurs from non-entrepreneurs and contribute to entrepreneurial status and success.
- Business viability: This helps us ascertain whether the business or business idea has the potential to grow and continue being successful in the long term.
Applications are on a rolling basis but earlier applications receive greater priority. To be considered, please fill the attached Google form correctly and submit. Successful applicants will be contacted via email.
- 1st Round Applications open : June 1, 2020
- 1st Round Applications deadline : June 13, 2020
- Selection Reviews Due: June 18, 2020
- Final decisions and notification: June 20, 2020
- Program starts: June 22, 2020
- Program ends: August 21, 2020
The application process will be restarted every 3 months; 2nd Round Applications open on August 1, 2020.
To apply, please click: here.